wztmdmve

Moderator: Angel

PPeterson
Contributor
Contributor

TV just blinks, is it the lamp or more serious?

Post by PPeterson » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:51 am

I'm fed up with this TV..I purchased a HD-56FN97 from Best Buy on 9/4/06. A couple of days ago the TV wouldn't come on and instead the POWER LED and LAMP LED are blinking alternately. I changed the lamp about a year ago, but it looks like I got to change it again!?!?

TV is out of warranty and last time I coughed up $200 to JVC for a lamp. What's going on? Please help!

Eddie

Re: TV just blinks, is it the lamp or more serious?

Post by Eddie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:37 pm

When the the indicator LEDs blink in an alternating fashion, there might be something blocking the exhaust. Move the television way from the wall and clean out the filters in the back. See if that solves your problem first... otherwise it may be another bad lamp.

JVC lamps are notorious for being bad. The originals were made by Matsushita and there was really no consistency to their lifespan. Some users got 3 years, some got 6 months. When you buy a lamp, you should make sure you get the best lamp on the market... Discount-Merchant.com sells a Philips lamp that gets a consistent 2 years. You could also go with the cheaper Osram brand, but you'll consistently get 1 year :)

The lamps are also about 150 now. Look around for the best deals, but DM has it for $154.99... aside from being our sponsor, they also have the best customer service, easiest checkout process, best warranty, fastest shipping and awesome tech staff. I don't think you'll find a better deal out there with all of those services!
http://www.discount-merchant.com/JVC-LC ... aa-new.htm

PPeterson wrote:I'm fed up with this TV..I purchased a HD-56FN97 from Best Buy on 9/4/06. A couple of days ago the TV wouldn't come on and instead the POWER LED and LAMP LED are blinking alternately. I changed the lamp about a year ago, but it looks like I got to change it again!?!?

TV is out of warranty and last time I coughed up $200 to JVC for a lamp. What's going on? Please help!
--
Eddie

BoofUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

wztmdmve

Post by BoofUp » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:52 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”