wfkqevzpk

Moderator: Angel

dplogue

Do I need a new Lamp?

Post by dplogue » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:23 pm

Changed channel on DLP(using remote) picture went grey (and will not come on) but sound and cabletv graphics still work. Do I need a new lamp?

Eddie

Re: Do I need a new Lamp?

Post by Eddie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:44 pm

Is the screen still lit?

The lamp just works as a lighting source... if it's lit and gray, then you don't need a new lamp, you might need something else.

dplogue wrote:Changed channel on DLP(using remote) picture went grey (and will not come on) but sound and cabletv graphics still work. Do I need a new lamp?
--
Eddie

rubyshine
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rubyshine » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:14 pm

nah i can't be the lamp bc you're still seeing the images, maybe you need to check out some other parts that might be wrong, as far as i know the lamp is the light for the image

guitarman051
Contributor
Contributor

Post by guitarman051 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:39 am

This is what I would do, look in back of your set make sure it is on and look to where the DLP is at and see by visual inspection how bright it looks if it is bright and listen for any noises like growns, growl, and or the feeling something is vibrating aka color wheel possible. after it cools down pull power plug from wall and then pull DLP housing out of your set. Now if it has been a long time since its been cleaned out back there because the fans will suck in dirt and dust you might have a bunch af dust bunnies running around inside your TV set and a good old cleaning could help, never hurts. if you have a small compressor or alot of compressed air cans blow all the electronics, fans, grates, any fiters that you might see if any out, make sure bulb is clean if working and is not discolored and lensis cleaned also after all is blown out and after reinstalling your DLP and all is clean and you did not touch your DLP with your fingers oils from your fingers and hands your DLP bulbs do not like shortins the life, plug power cord back into wall and or if you where smart make sure it is plugged into a surg protector this will save your power curicuts incase of a power surg, I do, :idea:

LisafUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

wfkqevzpk

Post by LisafUp » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:20 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”