wkpazryaqf

Moderator: Angel

flashpuddin

RCA50"DLP, grey areas

Post by flashpuddin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:16 pm

My RCA50LPW162yx4 developed a gray stripe ( the picture is still great but shaded in that area) about 2" wide along the top of the picture. I thought the bulb was failing ,and I replaced it. While doing so the lamp compartment looked dusty, so I held a vac near the opening to remove some of it . After replacing the bulb and turning on the set ,the stripe had gone from the top ,but is now a larger section at a diagonal. I'm hoping that it is some type of dust or dirt , because it moved ,if so how do I clean the mirrors or wheel .

Jack

Eddie

Re: RCA50"DLP, grey areas

Post by Eddie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm moving this post to the correct spot.
--
Eddie

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Sounds like it may be a light tunnel, but I don't have as much experience with RCAs...

Jack just emailed me:

I just took the back off of my set. After removing the color wheel , I can clearly see the mirrors in the light tunnel have collapsed.

If you have some pictures, that would be awesome to see so other people will be able to troubleshoot their televisions too. -- also, the easiest and quickest way to fix this is with a new light engine since it'll come with the light tunnel, new color wheel, and DMD board. You'll then have extra components to keep the TV running for a very long time.
--
Eddie

Crowell
Tech Junkie
Tech Junkie

Post by Crowell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:35 pm

It sounds like you need to completely clean the back of you Tv free of mold & dust. Because it sound like you probably just moved dust around, thus still not solving you problem.
Here are some instructions on the proper way to do it. Good luck.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=988&p=3538&hilit=can+air#p3538
Knowledge is the one true power

AmyfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

wkpazryaqf

Post by AmyfUp » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:05 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”