opnxujfd

Moderator: Angel

rwing

error message filter cleaning

Post by rwing » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Cleaned filters now how do i resit the sirflter message, I took the entire television apart, cleaned the filter inthe back snd dusted off the front filter, now it is still timing out after 1 min and not going away? how do I reset this error? un1t is clean, temp sensors are good I checked them, seems panasonic does not have any itea, told to throw it wwY,,, i WAS TOLD THIS WOLD LAST THAT IT WOULD BE GOOD anyibe elaw ogo the info,

Eddie

Re: error message filter cleaning

Post by Eddie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:54 pm

If you took it apart, you can put it back together. I don't think there's a reset code, but possible the code that came up wasn't the problem in the first place.
--
Eddie

rwing

Post by rwing » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:21 am

Eddie wrote:If you took it apart, you can put it back together. I don't think there's a reset code, but possible the code that came up wasn't the problem in the first place.

Dismanteling the boards to get to teh filter is easy, cleaned the filter, cleaned the bulb assembly, cleared all the dst from the interior and the circuits, tested teh thermisters everyting checks out, had to turn the set on and time it out ( because it says the filter needs cleaning tv will shut down in 1 min) it is not over heating nor is it getting a signal the set is too hot and I did reset the bulb timer... well after 35 time outs it finally came on and stayed on, this set does this about every two months since it was new, it has had a bulb replacment message 9 times in two years and the bulb has been changed only once, after 6 weeks of run time, I bought a raw bulb and refitted the carrage, Seems that this set was designed to make work for out of work techs... ... BTY wasn't there a law suit over these sets?

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Not for Panasonic as far as I know, but maybe. The Toshibas had law suits, so did the Sonys.

It may just be a bad temp sensor... for all your troubles, if it eventually comes on, I wouldn't sink too much money into fixing it. You might be able to find someone to part with their old TV or even find the temp sensor on DM or something.
--
Eddie

MiafUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

opnxujfd

Post by MiafUp » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:50 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”