jvrzouraxl

Moderator: Angel

Micahsrebels

LOUD POP and then NO PICTURE???

Post by Micahsrebels » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 pm

We turned on our Samsung DLP and heard a "POP" and after that there WAS sound but no picture. There also seemed to be a grinding sounds after turning the TV off then turning back on.
The TV is approx 4 1/2 years old and has never had any issues. Any suggestions as to the problem...I am assuming that it was a lamp, but thoughts?

iamtopher34
Contributor
Contributor

Re: LOUD POP and then NO PICTURE???

Post by iamtopher34 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:12 am

I had the same thing happen to me today did a little searching and found a how to on changing the color wheel and tore into it when I got the lamp out I could see glass everywhere and it was the color wheel so now I am shopping around for a new one I am not a tech but with the howto I found and now this forum I don't think it will be to hard and I will save all the extra money my local shop would have charged me

Buzfuzer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Buzfuzer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:40 pm

Same thing happen to mine except it was the capasitor on the ballast that blew. Now I have went through three of them and cant find a new power supply.

Buz

Nativesun
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Nativesun » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Same thing happened to me last week and I bought a new color wheel through www.discount-merchant for $120 and had it the next day. There are some great instructional youtube videos out there walking you through the whole process. Spend sometime watchin the video and read as mush as possible on message boards. Took me an hour to take apart and 30min to put it back together.If I can change a color wheel out anyone can...just make sure you do not touch the new color wheel...I wore surgical gloves when putting everything back together...picture is better now than it has been in a long time...plus the white ghosting effect went away when I installed the new wheel.

Nativesun

iamtopher34 wrote:I had the same thing happen to me today did a little searching and found a how to on changing the color wheel and tore into it when I got the lamp out I could see glass everywhere and it was the color wheel so now I am shopping around for a new one I am not a tech but with the howto I found and now this forum I don't think it will be to hard and I will save all the extra money my local shop would have charged me

CarlfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

jvrzouraxl

Post by CarlfUp » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:03 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”