gfyipaku

Moderator: Angel

feerfacktor
Contributor
Contributor

Green ghost screen frozen on main input HLR5067

Post by feerfacktor » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Increasingly as of late, when i turn on my tv the main input and av input but not hdmi is covered with a moving translucent green frozen picture with vertical green lines, it has doing it more and more, it i let my tv sit without power for a few days it will work for a while again. Also i dont know if it is related or not but when i am watching a movie with the hdmi input sometimes the screen pauses and the tv resets and comes back on. Also sometimes when i hit power the tv wont come on, i wont get the tone and the light just blinks until it goes into standbly again. I have read a lot of forums on multiple sites including this one but have never seen my entire problem or it resolved.

Eddie

Re: Green ghost screen frozen on main input HLR5067

Post by Eddie » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:41 pm

A few things I can think of are a DMD board or a color wheel. The green lines may be caused by a bad DMD chip, which resides on the DMD board. A color wheel could also cause funky colors, but not a straight line like you're describing. Try to clean out the unit with a can of compressed air, then see if that does the trick. The problem can't really be resolved easily if it's a DMD issue. That's like the DLP killer. The DMD is what makes DMD possible... like of like how the flux capacitor making time travel possible.
--
Eddie

feerfacktor
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Green ghost screen frozen on main input HLR506

Post by feerfacktor » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:54 pm

If a part like that was bad(color wheel) would the green not show up all the time?

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Angel » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Once the green ghost appears display the TV menu. If the menu is displayed without being affected by the ghost then the problem could be in your analog board (since the HDMI input works fine). If the menu is also affected then as Eddie said, you have a DMD issue. However vacuuming all the dust always helps.

feerfacktor wrote:If a part like that was bad(color wheel) would the green not show up all the time?

If the color wheel was bad the green would show up no matter the input. However there is a small possibility that your problem is intermittent. Usually when the color wheel is not working properly you get a winding/whirling/buzzing noise. If you want to check it physically you can use this replacement guide:
http://guides.fixyourdlp.com/samsung/bp96-01579a.php

Hope this helps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

feerfacktor
Contributor
Contributor

Post by feerfacktor » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks for your help. From reading other posts I'm confident I have multiple issues with my tv. I think the best thing to do is to take it somewhere.

JanefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

gfyipaku

Post by JanefUp » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:44 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”