Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
Dat Phan @ Carolines in NYC 8/31/03
The Wonders of Magic Shell

Dat perfomed as one of the opening acts for Kevin Meany. The other opening act, Dan Ahdoot (might have spelled that wrong!), was hysterical! Dat seemed a bit nervous, but kept us laughing nonetheless! We had weaseled our way up to the front table, but unfortunately Dat focused on the crowd in the dark that he couldn't see. I can't wait to see him again, to see the progression of audience interaction. Anyway...

Review: Dat was funny! He had a lot of energy, and people seemed to really enjoy it
Dan Ahdoot was WILD! I would totally recommend seeing him if you get a chance.
Kevin Meany, the headliner, was not what I consider funny. There were some laughs, but not the jaw hurting laughs that came from Dat and Dan.

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Re: Dat Phan @ Carolines in NYC 8/31/03
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

jennyko72 wrote:
Dat perfomed as one of the opening acts for Kevin Meany. The other opening act, Dan Ahdoot (might have spelled that wrong!), was hysterical! Dat seemed a bit nervous, but kept us laughing nonetheless! We had weaseled our way up to the front table, but unfortunately Dat focused on the crowd in the dark that he couldn't see. I can't wait to see him again, to see the progression of audience interaction. Anyway...

Review: Dat was funny! He had a lot of energy, and people seemed to really enjoy it
Dan Ahdoot was WILD! I would totally recommend seeing him if you get a chance.
Kevin Meany, the headliner, was not what I consider funny. There were some laughs, but not the jaw hurting laughs that came from Dat and Dan.

Great review! Do you live in NYC? I don't remember.. I would have invited you to the small Carolines sets we did. I filmmed, he made people laugh. It's a good combination.

No Eddie, I live in the freezing state of Wisconsin! Brrrrrrrrrr.

Get Dat out here!! I'll be in Los Angeles from 11/15 - 11/23... if he is doing anything in that area during that time, let me know!!

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

jennyko72 wrote:
No Eddie, I live in the freezing state of Wisconsin! Brrrrrrrrrr.

Get Dat out here!! I'll be in Los Angeles from 11/15 - 11/23... if he is doing anything in that area during that time, let me know!!

for sure, just drop me an email and i'll let you know what we're doing.

-eddie