wbzvjzml

Moderator: Angel

wrosich

New Lamp, Dark Picture

Post by wrosich » Thu May 14, 2009 3:39 pm

I just replaced the lamp on my HLN5065 but the picture is still very dark. Cranked the picture to 100 but it can barely be seen during the day.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: New Lamp, Dark Picture

Post by Kelly » Thu May 14, 2009 3:50 pm

wrosich wrote:I just replaced the lamp on my HLN5065 but the picture is still very dark. Cranked the picture to 100 but it can barely be seen during the day.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
wrosich,

Most likely it is your Ballast. Are you hearing any clicking noises when you turn it on? Did you check to see that the wattage on your lamp is the same as your old lamp? Get back to me so I can help you troubleshoot. Thanks.

wrosich

Post by wrosich » Thu May 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Kelly wrote:
wrosich wrote:I just replaced the lamp on my HLN5065 but the picture is still very dark. Cranked the picture to 100 but it can barely be seen during the day.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
wrosich,

Most likely it is your Ballast. Are you hearing any clicking noises when you turn it on? Did you check to see that the wattage on your lamp is the same as your old lamp? Get back to me so I can help you troubleshoot. Thanks.
I replaced the bulb with the upgraded one from DM and is the model that works with the 100W ballast that the tv has. Currently I don't hear any strange noises, evryting seems to work fine except that the tv looks very dark.

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Post by Kelly » Thu May 14, 2009 11:17 pm

wrosich wrote:
Kelly wrote:

Any Ideas?

Thanks
wrosich,

I replaced the bulb with the upgraded one from DM and is the model that works with the 100W ballast that the tv has. Currently I don't hear any strange noises, evryting seems to work fine except that the tv looks very dark.
So your replacement lamp is a philips correct? Did you replace your lamp because of the dark picture or was the lamp broken? Do you still have your old lamp? If you replaced your lamp because of a dark picture in the first place then the problem is most likely your ballast.

UgofUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

wbzvjzml

Post by UgofUp » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:21 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”