lfraqmgl

Moderator: Angel

andy

ballist or not

Post by andy » Sat May 23, 2009 4:34 am

I have a HL-s4266W my troubles started with the indications of a bad bulb. ( flashing stand by and lamp) after the set turned on for a few seconds then went black. I bought an after market bulb installed it and had no resolution to my problem. I then replaced the ballist, my set worked perfectly for about two weeks. Then the same problem repeted. I bought another ballist, thinking I had a defective repalcement. It lasted less then 24 hours same symptoms. What is my next move? Andy and frustrated

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: ballist or not

Post by Kelly » Sat May 23, 2009 5:18 pm

andy wrote:I have a HL-s4266W my troubles started with the indications of a bad bulb. ( flashing stand by and lamp) after the set turned on for a few seconds then went black. I bought an after market bulb installed it and had no resolution to my problem. I then replaced the ballist, my set worked perfectly for about two weeks. Then the same problem repeted. I bought another ballist, thinking I had a defective repalcement. It lasted less then 24 hours same symptoms. What is my next move? Andy and frustrated
Andy,

If by saying an after market bulb you mean a generic one that could be your problem. Generic bulb are terrible and tend not to last long at all. What exactly are your symptoms now? Are you hearing any strange noises? Get back to me with more information so I can help you trouble shoot your issues.

TMSooner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TMSooner » Sat May 30, 2009 3:26 pm

I have a similar problem. I have an HLS4266wx and my set would power on, last for about 20 min then power off. Over the course of a week it got the the point it would only stay on for less than a minute before shutting down. I would get all the blinking lights, read up on a few boards about various problems and decided to try the lamp first. Bought a Phillips replacement lamp which did not fix the issue. I then decided to replace the ballast as that was what most of the advice said was the most likely problem after the lamp. I bought the part from DM and replaced it, but now the set powers on but the lamp will not light up at all. I also hear a quick beeping noise while the power is on. Any thoughts before I pull out the last of my remaining hair?

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Post by Kelly » Sat May 30, 2009 4:24 pm

TMSooner wrote:I have a similar problem. I have an HLS4266wx and my set would power on, last for about 20 min then power off. Over the course of a week it got the the point it would only stay on for less than a minute before shutting down. I would get all the blinking lights, read up on a few boards about various problems and decided to try the lamp first. Bought a Phillips replacement lamp which did not fix the issue. I then decided to replace the ballast as that was what most of the advice said was the most likely problem after the lamp. I bought the part from DM and replaced it, but now the set powers on but the lamp will not light up at all. I also hear a quick beeping noise while the power is on. Any thoughts before I pull out the last of my remaining hair?
TMsooner,

Did you make sure you received both of the correct parts? You double checked that you ordered the same part #'s as on your lamp and ballast and the part #'s matched up? Are you hearing any other noises besides the quick beep? Are you having any strange color issues?

TMSooner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TMSooner » Sat May 30, 2009 5:20 pm

I did verify that the lamp is the correct part, however I am not so sure about the ballast. I had a hard time getting an actual part number from the piece itself. On the board there is a number on my original that is 4422 400 03765 3 and a barcode number 9137 008 20605. Doing a search I came up with a part number of BP47-00037a. The new part came with numbers 4422 400 03765 2 and 9137 008 29405. The parts look identical and perhaps the difference in numbers is just a manufacturing thing, not sure.

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Post by Kelly » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:57 pm

TMSooner wrote:I did verify that the lamp is the correct part, however I am not so sure about the ballast. I had a hard time getting an actual part number from the piece itself. On the board there is a number on my original that is 4422 400 03765 3 and a barcode number 9137 008 20605. Doing a search I came up with a part number of BP47-00037a. The new part came with numbers 4422 400 03765 2 and 9137 008 29405. The parts look identical and perhaps the difference in numbers is just a manufacturing thing, not sure.
TMSooner,

Can you put up a few pics of ur ballast? Also, where did you buy the lamp from? The lamp may be no good.

BoofUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

lfraqmgl

Post by BoofUp » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:13 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”