knvzflne

Moderator: Angel

awiseman2
Contributor
Contributor

HLN567WX/XAA Color Wheel Replaced-No Pic Now

Post by awiseman2 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:08 am

My color wheel shattered for my HLN567WX/XAA DLP TV and I replaced it myself using the help of a blog post. I was able to disconnect the necessary wires to get to the defective wheel. The new wheel went in place without a hitch and I then proceeded to reconnect the brown ribbon with the metal part of the ribbon facing towards the back of the television (I think that was the right way). The blue/white wire connector for the color wheel was reconnected successfully, as well as all of the other wires that I disconnected to get to the color wheel housing. After I replaced the many screws needed to replace all of the "guts" and the back panel, I plugged in the TV set and turned it on to find it was not working. The normal "tweet" sound was made when I turned it back on, but there is no picture or sound and there is a single green blinking light in the middle position of the front light indicator.

I double checked to make sure everything was reconnected and even reseated the lamp, but I still get the same response from my TV. Can anyone help?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HLN567WX/XAA Color Wheel Replaced-No Pic Now

Post by grayfox » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:30 pm

hmmm I would double check all the connections and give it a good dusting while you are at it, if this does not give it a go, try the jumper (on the link below there is an item for sale with an explanation on how to remove the jumper)
hope this helps!!!

http://www.discount-merchant.com/produc ... cw-enc.htm
ImageUnit Foxhound

awiseman2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by awiseman2 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:55 am

I triple checked all of the connections and gave it a good dusting when I originally changed the color wheel. The replacement part I used was the bp96-00250a color wheel which, if i am not mistaken, is the older HLM,N/FDB Type which is ball bearing. If I read the article in your post correctly the jumper should still be attached in this case.

Additionally, I have checked the lamp cover switch to make sure this was not the culprit and still have the same reaction when turning on the set. Could it be possible that there is another problem that I am not thinking of?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:33 pm

mmmm looks like you really gave this some thought, my only ideas are how long has it been since you changed the lamp and it its been less than a year, this could be your ballast... any one else out there?
ImageUnit Foxhound

awiseman2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by awiseman2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:28 am

The lamp was replaced about 3 months ago, so I don't suspect the lamp is an issue. Additionally, before I replaced the color wheel the lamp was working as the set still had a black and white picture and the dreaded loud noise.

With regard to the ballast, I am not sure one way or the other if this is the issue. It seems to me that it was working before I replaced the color wheel since the picture was working. Although, after reading your last post I started to think this could be the problem. When I turn on the set the fans both work and a green light turns on inside of the back of the set. Not sure if the color wheel is turning or not (maybe you could suggest a way to tell if this is happening). The lamp is definitely not turning on.

I also went ahead and tried to test if there was power going to the ballast by test 2 posts behind the brown/blue power cord connected to the ballast (not sure if this is the correct way to test) and got a DC reading. So given this info does it sound like the ballast is the issue?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Hmm by deductive logic yes, :D unfortunately other than a physical inspection there is no way to test the colorwheel at home :roll:

:shock: do not! try to test the output of the ballast to the lamp / for this is a 15kV ignition charge you do not want to damage your equipment :!:
ImageUnit Foxhound

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

knvzflne

Post by AshfUp » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:45 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”