ssfmeegpad

Moderator: Angel

exlax2002

Three flashing lights

Post by exlax2002 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:38 am

Hi all have read quite a bit of these and just had my TV go down. It is an HLT-7505 2 years old no real problems in the past. I was watching it and it shut off. Nothing crazy. tried to turn it on sounded like it was attempting to turn on and off a couple of times to the 3 flashing lights. Contacted Samsung they say all i need is a new lamp. My question is how likely of a solution is this going to be? I really dont have the extra 160 to spend on a new lamp, however if i do I would like to know that I will not be paying an arm and a leg after that because quite frankly I cant afford it. Can someone give me the basic thumbs up or thumbs down on if this is a good decision to listen to samsung here. I appreciate everyones input. Thanks Alot!

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Three flashing lights

Post by Angel » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi exlax2002.

Your problem seems to be just the lamp, as Samsung said. However there are some people who replaced the lamp and then discovered all kind of problems, so there is no way to assure your problems are going to finish there, however there is a 95% probability they will.

The lamp has a life time, so it has to be replaced every once in a while depending on how much time you use it, so we can say it's a normal spend.

Hope this helps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

vZwire
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vZwire » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 am

I had the same issue. Started yesterday, and after approx. 12 hours of online research and trial and error, I finally fixed it with ZERO cost.

First of all, I knew my bulb wasn't out because it (the bulb) would come on, then the tv would shut down...then 3 lights of death.

I read a post somewhere that the little switch right by the panel that you take off to access the lamp sometimes goes out.
This switch is to prevent the tv from turning on when the panel is removed.

I unscrewed the one screw that connects this switch to the bottom of the tv set.
I unplugged the switch. The switch has two pins that connect to a wire with two "female" connectors.
I went to the garage and grabbed a 4" length of insulated wire.
Stripped the two ends, and stuck each end into the female connectors, thus bybassing the switch.

Voila! Not a single issue since!

angelprincess4119
Contributor
Contributor

Post by angelprincess4119 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:44 am

vZwire wrote:I had the same issue. Started yesterday, and after approx. 12 hours of online research and trial and error, I finally fixed it with ZERO cost.

First of all, I knew my bulb wasn't out because it (the bulb) would come on, then the tv would shut down...then 3 lights of death.

I read a post somewhere that the little switch right by the panel that you take off to access the lamp sometimes goes out.
This switch is to prevent the tv from turning on when the panel is removed.

I unscrewed the one screw that connects this switch to the bottom of the tv set.
I unplugged the switch. The switch has two pins that connect to a wire with two "female" connectors.
I went to the garage and grabbed a 4" length of insulated wire.
Stripped the two ends, and stuck each end into the female connectors, thus bybassing the switch.

Voila! Not a single issue since!
vZwire I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart! I too had exactly the same thing happen as you two did, I bought a new lamp, bought a ballast and thought for sure that would fix it, but of course it didn't. I happened to run across your post and figured what could it hurt to try it.......guess what, that was it!! After all this time, money, and aggravation that one little safety switch was the whole problem to begin with. Thank you for saving my sanity and my tv. LOL. I would recommend trying this before anything else from now on. Thanks again!!! :D

lostatsea

Post by lostatsea » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:53 pm

I too have a similar issue with the three lights. One day Samsung HLR4667W fails to turn on, click, click, click, three flashing lights, nothing - so I replace the lamp since its the original with well over 10k hrs. No change, so I find these forums and decide it must be a ballast issue - so I replace the ballast. TV works great for about two weeks and then fails to turn on. Since I've already spent over $200 on parts, I decide another $28 for the Service Manual seems like a good idea. The manual states to check ballast, power on tv w/out lamp and check for tiny blue flame spark - did this and don't see any spark - suggesting ballast problem. I don't know if I should shell out more $$ for new ballast, assuming the one I bought is now dead, or consider another cause of problem. Any help is appreciated.

AmyfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

ssfmeegpad

Post by AmyfUp » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:40 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”