gpfkupgwql

Moderator: Angel

redman22

rca model M50WH74S

Post by redman22 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:20 pm

I have replaced the lamp and ballast..... I have sound, fan cycles, I do get a clicking noise on set up. I still have blinking.... 5x pause, 5x... rapid blinking for a minute then light staying on.

mitchkramez
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: rca model M50WH74S

Post by mitchkramez » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:10 pm

have you check the capacitors on your power supply? i feel like a broken record suggesting this, but these RCA tv's have lots of problems with bad caps on the psu

Mfriend530

Post by Mfriend530 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:54 pm

mitchkramez wrote:have you check the capacitors on your power supply? i feel like a broken record suggesting this, but these RCA tv's have lots of problems with bad caps on the psu
Could you tell us how to check the capacitors on the power supply? Or is there an information video/tutorial on how to do it? We replaced the lamp about six months ago and everything worked fine until recently. Now it turns on, stays on for approximately one minute, the blue light blinks and then it goes black screen, and then comes back on and repeats cycle. We are now wondering if it is the power supply. There are no loud noises or whirring sounds. We don't want to just throw it away if we don't have to. Thanks in advance for any information you all can give us!

metalhearted1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by metalhearted1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:08 pm

I have the same problem it would seem. When I turn on the TV there is no Picture, no Sound, And I hear a click or two coming from the power supply. Took at look at the board and at least one of the caps are bad. Anyone confirm if I am on the right track.

RCG

Post by RCG » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:46 am

Mfriend530 wrote:
mitchkramez wrote:have you check the capacitors on your power supply? i feel like a broken record suggesting this, but these RCA tv's have lots of problems with bad caps on the psu
Could you tell us how to check the capacitors on the power supply? Or is there an information video/tutorial on how to do it? We replaced the lamp about six months ago and everything worked fine until recently. Now it turns on, stays on for approximately one minute, the blue light blinks and then it goes black screen, and then comes back on and repeats cycle. We are now wondering if it is the power supply. There are no loud noises or whirring sounds. We don't want to just throw it away if we don't have to. Thanks in advance for any information you all can give us!

AmyfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

gpfkupgwql

Post by AmyfUp » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:41 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”