enoxnxpl

Moderator: Angel

Terence

HL-R5667W Freezes & Turns off & on w/no controls

Post by Terence » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 am

My Samsung HL-R5667W DLP TV is about 4 Years old and I recently replaced my lamp and the TV worked fine for 2 weeks. Today I was changing the channel and started getting intermittent picture freezing, with sound cutting out then the TV turns off for about 5-10 seconds then turns itself back on. Sound stays on for 2-3 seconds while picture stays on for about 5-10 seconds then freezes, TV cuts off and it repeats this cycle. Remote doesn’t work nor does the TV control buttons including the main power button. After several cycles of this the TV cuts off and the standby light comes on like normal. I then can cut the TV on by the remote or main power button but then the same cycle repeats itself again Could it be the DMD or Analog board and how much will it cost to fix? Can I do this myself or should I take it in for repair?

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HL-R5667W Freezes & Turns off & on w/no controls

Post by Jason1976 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 pm

that kind of sounds like a digital board issue. did you replace the lamp with the same kind you had before? brand? you can enter the service mode and pick the kind of lamp you have. if the old lamp still worked before you replaced it you may want to try it to see if it works with the old lamp.

ZundapMan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HL-R5667W Freezes & Turns off & on w/no contro

Post by ZundapMan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:36 pm

One quick thing to try... get a can of compressed gas used for cleaning the inside of computer cases, open up your set and blow out the dust. Installing a new bulb often disturbs old dust and if a bit gets in the wrong place it can be the cause of symptoms like you descirbe. Do it now to avoid damage to a board if that is the cause. No gurantees, but it helps more intermittent wierd problems than any other solution I've tried/recommended.
E. Daniel Ayres

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Post by Jason1976 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:48 pm

ZundapMan wrote:One quick thing to try... get a can of compressed gas used for cleaning the inside of computer cases, open up your set and blow out the dust. Installing a new bulb often disturbs old dust and if a bit gets in the wrong place it can be the cause of symptoms like you descirbe. Do it now to avoid damage to a board if that is the cause. No gurantees, but it helps more intermittent wierd problems than any other solution I've tried/recommended.
zundapman these sets are known to have issues with the digital board. this is one of the issues with the digital board. a solder reflow may take care of it. it may not. digital board is part number bp94-02084a is the replacement number from www.samsungparts.com you maybe able to find it for less on discount merchant. you could also try to have the solder reflowed http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0415773652 if that doesn't work then they refund 50 of the 75. most people have good luck with a reflow.

Terence

Post by Terence » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Hey Thanks Jason,

I unplugged the TV overnight and in the morning it worked as normal. Since then I only use the TV as a monitor, not using the internal tuner, since this all started while I was changing channels using the internal tuner. The TV is now connected to a Sat Box. I just use the TV's Input select and the Off/On buttons now and it's been working fine for 2 weeks! I'm still a little concerned that this was a omen that my Digital board is going bad! What do you think?

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HL-R5667W Freezes & Turns off & on w/no controls

Post by Jason1976 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:44 am

you can read about digital board issues on http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/samsung/ the hlr5067w, hlr6167w and hlr4667w are also know for this issue. check out the big topic about the issues. some times you can find a cheap price on a digital board on DM do a search by the part number I see one listed now. it's listed as working on a sony. they have it listed wrong. this board was never used with a sony.

SuefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

enoxnxpl

Post by SuefUp » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:30 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”