neszwpab

Moderator: Angel

wayfast
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLN437W No Power to Color wheel

Post by wayfast » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:02 am

Alight, my hln437w no longer works. it started with the color wheel buzzing. then the tv would no longer power on, but you could still hear the color wheel. so i looked online, and ordered a new color wheel. before the new one came, the old color wheel would no longer spin at all. the new one came the next day, put it in, and it wouldn't spin either. so the tv just turns on, does the chime, and eventually reboots a few times then flashes all 3 lights. the white/white/blue wires on the color wheel were burnt/black/brown on the color wheel side, and the connector broke into pieces when i removed it...

i'm thinking something on the dmd board burnt up? that is the board attached to the light engine, correct? everything is connected correctly, i went over it maybe 5 times.

thanks for any help.
Josh

wayfast
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HLN437W No Power to Color wheel

Post by wayfast » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:32 pm

can any one at least answer my ? about the dmd board?

Thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Post by ChubbsTech » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Hello wayfast.
The symptoms that you have just described might be from a malfunctioning integrated controller imbedded in the DMD board that regulates the voltage to the color wheel. If you try to inset your new color wheel it will not work since the DMD is probably fried (or at least from the Color W terminals). I’m afraid you’ll have to buy a new DMD to verify this. If you are not able to find just the DMD you’ll have to consider the entire light engine. To find out more on the DMD board and other parts here is one of my early post: http://www.fixyourdlp.com/forum/viewtop ... 4172#p4172
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

wayfast
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wayfast » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:18 pm

thank you nightkid.

i won a light engine on ebay and it came in today. the two connections are different. can someone help me.

it's the one that was a dvi cable that goes from the dmd board to the control(?) board. thanks

old connection
new

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Post by ChubbsTech » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Hello again wayfast.
I hate to be the deliverer of bade news, but it’s very probable that you bought a non compatible light engine.
You se many tv models may look the same, and have the same model number, but uses different type of parts depending on the year that they where manufactured.
In this case your tv might be a first generation model, and the part you bought was probably from a second or third generation tv.
My recommendation is next time you look for the part number printed on the actual board, some times it will have the legend P / N before the number and/or it will be the biggest number printed.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

wayfast
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wayfast » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 pm

:( sucks, it was listed for the same model tv so i bought it. looks like this tv is getting parted out.

JanefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

neszwpab

Post by JanefUp » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:14 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”