tfcwdgqwt

Moderator: Angel

robmorgan1

TV Won't turn on

Post by robmorgan1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:17 pm

I have a Samsung HLT5687sx/xaa that started not turning on. My wife leaves the TV on MOST of the time so it did not get turned off very often. Recently when it was turned off and turned back on the green LED light would flash and it would not turn on. If you unplugged it and plugged it back in it would work fine. This went on for about 3 months and we just did not turn it off. Recently it turned off and would not come back on at all. I have looked through this forum and searched quite a bit but all of the issues that I could find were with the 3 lights flashing, I only have on. This TV is pretty old (one of the first with the LED light source) so i am guessing it is the LED but again i am getting only the LED light flashing.

So my questing is whether that is most likely the issue and where to get parts for this TV.

Thanks

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: TV Won't turn on

Post by ChubbsTech » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:26 pm

Hello robmorgan1.
It sounds like you have abused your TV pretty good there. In order to narrow down you problem let me know when did you buy you TV? Have you ever changed the lamp? Have you cleaned the inside of your TV in the last year or so? Do you hear any strange sounds that are coming from the inside of the TV? ( humming, buzzing, constant clicking, whirling, etc.) You probably don’t know this, but your tv uses DLP technology. So you have to replace the lamp inside approximately every 2 -3 years depending on daily use.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

robmorgan1

Post by robmorgan1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:46 pm

So what i have found is that there is not a lamp, it uses LED's for the light source. If fact is does not even have a color wheel, it has 4 colored LED's.

F16Tech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by F16Tech » Wed May 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Rob.. known issue with samsung dLP led power supplies. Replace the power supply. $130

drderb

Post by drderb » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:05 am

ok i have the same tv and its doing the same thing i took it apart and i found no bulb in it and no color wheel so i took ur advice i purchased a new power supply i just installed it but no change it still does not want to come on if i play with it off and on several times it comes on if i leave it on for like day or so when i shut it off it comes right back on while its warm if i let it cool off i have to turn it off and on agin several times once agin any suggestions?

michaiel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by michaiel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 pm

robmorgan1, When your LED light is flashing, but the tv is not on what is happening is the power supply and dmd are waiting to communicate to each other. There is a DVI cable between them. With the power disconnected unplug/plug in the cable ends to make sure they have not lost communication. I have the same problem and suspect the dmd board is the failing part. I will post a reply if and when I order the part (BP94-02307A). I wish there was more support on this forum for the LED DLP units..

JMJNet
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JMJNet » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:13 am

I have just got my LED DLP fixed.

Open the back and check the power supply board to see if there is blown capacitor on the board.
Blown capacitor is indicated by a round top as supposed to flat. You know what I am talking about when you are there.

In mine, the power supply board is the one right behind the connector panel.
The back is held by 8 screws.

LisafUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

tfcwdgqwt

Post by LisafUp » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:41 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”