hggklxom

Moderator: Angel

Butch
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLN437W DLP

Post by Butch » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 am

I forgot to add an addition to my first post... If ordering and installing parts (lamp, wheel, etc...) will resolve my issues, WHO do I order them from and what part numbers should I use or look for on this unit (I noted on the Model Number stamp that it says mine is a Version 1 of the Model HLN437W and it was made in November of 2003. So If parts will resolve my problem then I need to know who I order them from and some idea of what the cost will be for what ever I need to order and replace - my extended warranty ended a few months ago (go figure LOL) just before the first issues started to occur. I spent thousands of dollars on this TV and was hoping to get a few more years of service on it before I would need to purchase a new one. I assume I could order the parts direct from Samsung but know that their may be other sources I can get them from that may be cheaper and still work just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks... Butch

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Samsung HLN437W DLP

Post by ChubbsTech » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:58 pm

Hello Butch.
You initial problem sounds like the video board (its divided in two, digital & analog), the analog board (it controls the S video, component 1, 2 & 3) was having some issues and you manage to workaround it using the digital board (HDMI, GVA) however it sound that the problem with the analog has caught up with the digital also. If your lamp is 2 years or older you might need changing it before you buy any new board (its cheaper and easier to install).
If you do decide to order a part remembers to look for it by part number (it usually the biggest number printed along with the tv model). Also find a website with photos of the actual part they are selling. You can try the sponsor on this forum that seems reliable http://www.discount-merchant.com/ and I’ve had no problem buying there. But it’s really up to you where to buy, and find the best product.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Butch
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HLN437W DLP

Post by Butch » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks for the reply - Looks like I can at least try and replace the lamp and see if that gets my Video back. The video over all has been working for the last 5 years without a bulb replacement - so I suspect that is the latest issue. If that does not resolve then will look at other parts to replace.

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

hggklxom

Post by Wimlok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:40 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”