nrrhvntk

Moderator: Angel

Mountaindont
Contributor
Contributor

HLS5687WX/XAA TV shuts off

Post by Mountaindont » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:07 pm

When I turn on my My HLS5687WX/XAA 56 inch the lamp light blinks for 15 seconds and then the picture comes on. After a few minutes the picture will go in and out. A thin green line will appear across the screen and then the tv will shut off. When it shuts off I can hear a winding down type of sound from the back of the tv. Other then the flashing lamp light that appears for 15 seconds when I turn the TV on there is no other activity with the lights. If the the problem is the lamp how do I tell ? I pulled it out and it looks fine. I had the tv repaired in 2007 but I dont recall what was done. I`m pretty sure it wasn`t the lamp. Any suggestions you can pass along would be appreciated

ankit
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLS5687WX/XAA TV shuts off

Post by ankit » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:38 am

The problem you mentioned seems more like a DMD issue. It basically controls functions like image brightness, fan control etc, or in other words it control the whole process of displaying an image on the screen.

And the winding sounds that you are hearing is when the light engine turns off as DMD board stopped working after a while.

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

nrrhvntk

Post by Wimlok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:14 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”