Moderator: Angel

Tram
Contributor
Contributor

Is my Samsung 5567 toast?

Post by Tram » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:44 pm

Ok guys-

A quick run down of what it's doing..

It would turn on and we would get the bad news plaid red/green patterns.. We would also get this pattern over the TV menu's..
For a while, I was able to switch to an alternate input and the TV was fine.. Xbox, dvd, etc..

Now, I cannot get the TV to "boot up." The lamp comes on and then it just sits.. I am pretty sure I hear the color wheel spinning, the lamp is lighting the TV, I am just not able to see anything, change sources, etc..

I understand this may be the DMD, I'm also assuming that since the lamp is lighting, a new lamp obviously won't fix my issue..

I'm headed to look at new TV's tonight.. From what I understand, the DMD is $400 by itself IF I can find one.. then the excitement of doing it myself which I will value at $200.. So I'm looking at $600 to fix a 4 year old TV with "known" issues and hard to source parts..

I'm pretty sure I'm off to the TV shop to pick up a new Samsung LCD.. but before I did.. Just wanted to see what everyone thought the problem was..

Thanks

Jeff

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Is my Samsung 5567 toast?

Post by ChubbsTech » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Hello Tram.
I would agree, sounds like the DMD board. Mainly because the red/green patterns on the screen appear on every input & the TV menu.
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to find your DMD board try http://www.discount-merchant.com/
How ever on thing you might want to keep in mind. The DMD is very rarely sold as an individual part; normally they sell the entire light engine that might include the DMD board. So search by part number & model.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: Is my Samsung 5567 toast?

Post by Jason1976 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:32 am

are you sure this isnt a hlr5667w? if so if the green plaid doesn't show up on your menu's it's the digital board. and not the dmd board. this model is known for this issue.

another thing to check is use the pc VGA jack and if the video shows normal its the dmd board. the solder ether needs reflowed on the digital board or you need a new digital board.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/samsung/

the 2nd topic down is the reflow guy. the first top talks about this issue

just sitting there with the green flashing lamp light is the digtal board also. you shouldnt hear the start up chim ether.

If the reflow works the guy charges like 40 dollars. a new digital board is like 200 dollars or less

MiafUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

imrjsent

Post by MiafUp » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:06 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”