qqgnuyet

Moderator: Angel

tazmann007
Contributor
Contributor

HLP4663W Colors are wrong

Post by tazmann007 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:23 pm

Replaced the color wheel - It was not spinning most of the time
Replaced the lamp it does not work at all, but the old one does -- I have a picture now
Replaced the Balast - This was the issue for the old lamp

Now I am getting Blue and Green, but red seems to be missing completely. Manual control changes having no effect on the picture at all.

This was a non-issue preior to the replacement part installs.

Any help - Perhaps "options" settings?

Tazmann007
Last edited by tazmann007 on Thu May 13, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tazmann007
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLP466W Colors are wrong

Post by tazmann007 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Success!

After writting my post for help last night I went downstairs to the TV, looked at connections and made sure they where properly seated etc...

I had seen the jumper previously but had not paid it much attention, the set was unplugged and I decided what the hell I'll pull it and see if anything happens, can't hurt and I can always put it back.

As soon as I plugged the set in and turned it on everything was now back to normal. I didn't mention in lastnights message that the Red (Although the dialog box called it pink) and blue indicators where reversed (green was fine but no control) prior to my removal of the jumper and offered no change in color. They are now as they should be and I have full control.

We have been watching a 27" POS for a couple months now waiting on time and parts to fix the DLP and the wife was almost OUT OF HER MIND that it was fixed when she got home from work at 11pm and I was watching, well sort of I fell asleep in front of it. She gave up on it a few weeks ago I think!

I did get some help from a couple of you guys along the way and this did try my rather limited Electronics skills, but it wasn't working anyway so I think I've gained another couple three years of satisfaction from this otherwise good mid-sized DLP. I will say that I am satisfied enough with it to say I'd consider buying another Samsung.

If, I ever need help again or run across someone that does I am sending here for help. Discount-Merchant and the Partstore both provided parts, but DM offered troble shooting over the phone and directions and the DM CSR on the phone "Aurthur" was awesome to deal with!

Thanks for everything!

Tazmann007

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Re: HLP466W Colors are wrong

Post by Jason1976 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:10 am

glad to hear it's up and running! :D

tazmann007
Contributor
Contributor

Re: HLP4663W Colors are wrong

Post by tazmann007 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Hello All - I'm back!

The first ballast failed and was returned to the vendor - Several other issues with them, but thats not why I'm here either.

DM did not and still doesn't have a BP-96-0060A in stock, called them and was referred to Samsungparts to order, ok did that it arrived this am and I suspected it was not the right ballast from the start, but electronics manufacturers change out boards and components on those board over time and the TV is about 4 years old.

It looks like a BP47-00037A rather than the 00690A that is being called for, and has the same overall appearence but is deffinately not the same.

Called Samgsung Tech Support and J&J Intl for clarifications - Absolutely no help from either -- Call a Tech or buy a parts manual is about all I got out of them, not a happy camper right now! I specifically asked if it was interchangable, no one could tell me???

So, is the BP96-00690A the ONLY acceptable ballast, and does anyone have a digital picure they can share, or confirm or deny they are interchangable - Although I doubt it, the TV is cycling but does not come on. I only get the "Standby and Lamp" lights on the front - Is that good or bad thing???

Thansk in advance, I really want to get this back up and be doen with this project!

Tazman

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

qqgnuyet

Post by Wimlok » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:19 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”