dyxxbgll

Moderator: Angel

a42kracer

Major Color Issue - HLN617 - Solid Colors

Post by a42kracer » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:55 am

Hi everyone, I'm so frustrated with my tv these days! :x

I recently replaced a "whining" color wheel on my HLN617 DLP TV. Before replacement the TV was quite loud and would get stuck in a single solid color. At start up the whole screen would go full green or blue (varied) for a few minutes until the regular picture came back. I replaced the color wheel and noticed the old wheel was separated slightly between two of the panels.

The first day after replacement the solid color issue returned...with a vengeance! The noticeable whine is now gone but the TV get stuck in a soli color for a prolonged period of time. It happens randomly now not just at start up. Anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be? I love my TV and forking out serious bucks for a new one is just not possible at the moment. Please help...

Thanks,

a42kracer

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Major Color Issue - HLN617 - Solid Colors

Post by Kelly » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:31 pm

A42kracer,
It could be your component cables. A color wheel would not project a solid color because it is always spinning. So check your component cables and make sure they're plugged in all the way and that they are good cables.

a42kracer

Post by a42kracer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately this issue happens regardless of the input. Fir example, last night when I turned the TV on and selected "Input" the screen was all "green". It doesn't matter if I select any device that is connected to my TV, all with separate cables. ANy other thoughts?

ovadoggvo
Master Technician
Master Technician

Post by ovadoggvo » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:24 am

a42kracer,
Does your menu system also get discolored?

Is your Picture in Picture also affected?

If you answer yes, DMD board is most likely the issue.. Discount-Merchant has them for CHEAP and their prices make it definately worth fixing.

If you answer no, the Digital Board is most likely the issue. The digital board processes the the digital signals and normally your VGA input will work perfectly when others dont. Again, D-M.com sells them at a very very good price.

Let us know how it goes.

SuefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

dyxxbgll

Post by SuefUp » Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:10 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”