vwmjujbesv

Moderator: Angel

tobi1958
Contributor
Contributor

Lamp Replacement - Zenith DLP Model Z56DC1D

Post by tobi1958 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:25 am

I purchased a new Lamp Model AS-LX50 from the LG/Zenith company. The number for the Lamp I received is 6912B22010A. MY PROBLEM IS: I cannot find the "How To Guide" for this model of Zenith TV/Lamp. I am at step 2 - and have removed the 2 screws (as indicated on other DLP "how to" guides). BUT there are differences: 1. The Housing/Assembly does not have a "wire" handle to pull the Housing out with? 2. Does the two black wires at the top of the Housing "unplug"? They are a little difficult to reach - but I assume they unplug. I would like step by step information regarding removal of the Housing and replacement of the Lamp as soon as someone can assist. I am a woman trying to accomplish this task, but I am fairly competent at such things if I have good instructions. Will appreciate your assistance as soon as possible.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Lamp Replacement - Zenith DLP Model Z56DC1D

Post by grayfox » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:14 pm

Hello,
I think maybe the lamp you are trying to remove was forced in, I do not think you need to remove the plugs in order to remove the housing from the TV, do you have any images?
also I know the forum moderators post videos on youtube yet I could not find one with you model number, do you have any other lamp number??? you can run a search and a video is sure to pop up.

hopefully I can help you further =)
ImageUnit Foxhound

tobi1958
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tobi1958 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:48 pm

pepe wrote:Hello,
I think maybe the lamp you are trying to remove was forced in, I do not think you need to remove the plugs in order to remove the housing from the TV, do you have any images?
also I know the forum moderators post videos on youtube yet I could not find one with you model number, do you have any other lamp number??? you can run a search and a video is sure to pop up.

hopefully I can help you further =)

THANK YOU for your response. I successfully removed the Lamp Housing and replaced the Lamp. I reset the Lamp Counter per a variety of instructions I had copied from various Forums. The only problem is I cannot get rid of the message TO REPLACE MY LAMP that appears at the bottom of the screen each time I turn on the TV. I have gone thru the Resetting procedure 3 or 4 times and the Lamp Counter IS reset. BUT - do I need to worry about the Message to replace the lamp that appears on the TV screen???? If you or anyone has the answer please respond.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:49 am

I have seen this before when even after manually resetting the time meter it keep prompting! what I did was unplug my tv overnight and next morning it was gone, I have no idea if it will work for you, if it does not, I have to assume your TV has a weak ballast and its better to replace it now that you have a new lamp ;)
ImageUnit Foxhound

tobi1958
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tobi1958 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:51 pm

pepe wrote:I have seen this before when even after manually resetting the time meter it keep prompting! what I did was unplug my tv overnight and next morning it was gone, I have no idea if it will work for you, if it does not, I have to assume your TV has a weak ballast and its better to replace it now that you have a new lamp ;)

Thank you I will try this. Someone else said to hold the Enter on the TV and the Mute on the Remote at the same time, but this did not work for me. ALSO - when I did this it asked if I wanted to "INITIALIZE" and gave me the choice of YES or NO!!!!! What does this mean???? i clicked "yes". Don't know what this did though. What is a Ballast and what does it do? Is this something I would have to have a TV service man perform?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:07 pm

I hope that did it, maybe it was referring to initialize the timer... I am not very familiar with Zenith / LG service menus... and the ballast is what powers up the lamp, its a small 3 by 6 inch board that plugs directly into the lamp , easy to instal ;) take a look, all plug and play

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/guides/samsun ... 00033a.php
ImageUnit Foxhound

tobi1958
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tobi1958 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:14 pm

grayfox wrote:I hope that did it, maybe it was referring to initialize the timer... I am not very familiar with Zenith / LG service menus... and the ballast is what powers up the lamp, its a small 3 by 6 inch board that plugs directly into the lamp , easy to instal ;) take a look, all plug and play

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/guides/samsun ... 00033a.php
Thank you - I don't think I will tackle the ballast. I will keep your info just in case.

Technician
Master Technician
Master Technician

Post by Technician » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Thank you gentlemen for posting valuable information for the forum members and its visitors :D

AlanfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

vwmjujbesv

Post by AlanfUp » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:49 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”