bgfasdrz

Moderator: Angel

uthpda

HLS6188 HELP NEEDED!

Post by uthpda » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:49 pm

I have been struggling to fix my HL-S6188 for awhile and need some advice. First I got it used for next to nothing, which is why I have been willing to put some money into it, cuz a 61 inch tv is pricey and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

The problem is that it freezes up. After watching it for about 30 minutes, it will freeze. The picture on the screen looks like you hit the still button, the sound stops and the remote and buttons on the tv do not work. When it is frozen it is totally unresponsive, to shut it down you have to unplug it. If you leave it alone, after about 30 seconds to a minute, the TV goes kind of green thatched (not sure how to totally describe it), then black and then back to normal, with the source box in the corner (like when you change inputs or turn the set on). In a few minutes, it will go through the same process. It will do this a few time until it finally shuts itself off. This make me think that it is heat related. The picture is fine, and there are no loud whines, etc.
I have tried to fix it already...I have done the following.....
I replaced the PCB main board (it was actually the PCB unit with a couple of board) This didn't fix the problem, but changed some of the behavior (the old board would continue to play sound when frozen and not go to green then black, etc when unfreezing)

So I replaced the DMD Assembly board (with out the chip), this made no difference at all, everything remains that same.
I have replaced the DLP chip, thinking that it may be overheating and fried, so I made sure that the heat sink was well mounted with thermal paste, etc with the new one.....this made no difference at all, everything remains that same.

I now have replaced most of the boards (a couple left to go...lol)

SOOOO, I really like this TV and have money invested in it and would like to fix it (without buying every piece one at a time). Has any one had a similar problem? Any thoughts on what it could be?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HLS6188 HELP NEEDED!

Post by grayfox » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:42 pm

hello,
hhmmm this is a tough one... have you tried looking into the digital video board? did you try both digital and analog inputs?
I would have gone your way and replaced the dmd/light engine too!
ImageUnit Foxhound

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

bgfasdrz

Post by AshfUp » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:57 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”