djkxrifi

Moderator: Angel

xXRockAHolicXx
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5667WAX/XAA Green Lines & Distorted Picture

Post by xXRockAHolicXx » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:21 am

Hello Everybody!! :) I was wondering if yall can help me out with a problem I have with my Samsung HLR5667WAX/XAA DLP TV.

Alright so I founded out that the A/V Inputs on the TV when connected into these inputs, the picture comes up distorted and "jumpy" with green horizontal lines flickering all over the place. I tired out both connections, the one on the side and on the back on the TV and both have the same effect. Although, when I bring up the Menu, it's not affected by this, it shows up clean. I've experimented with different simple approaches that I thought were causing this:

1.) I have tired different A/V cables thinking it was just a simple cable issue, but unfortunately no, it's not just a simple malfunctioning cable.

2.) Connected XBOX360 in A/V Mode to see if the problem still persisted and yes it does, although it's not AS bad when it's connected to my digital converter box (default source)

3.) Connected XBOX360 in "Component 1" which is with the Green/Blue/Red connectors, and found out that when it's connected in this mode the picture is clear, no distortion nor green lines.

Was happy to find out that it was find in the "Component 1" mode because I was thinking hmm it might not be the DMD, but I'm not sure. Also the Audio if not effected what so ever, it's perfect it whatever input it's on. So yeah guys and gals I'm stuck, not sure what the issue is. Plus I'm a noob at this whole DLP TV stuff, a roomie actually gave me this TV because it needed a LAMP replacement which I still need to buy it. It was working fine till one day I turned it on and the green lines showed up which is why I've been holding back on buying the Lamp. I don't want to spend money on the Lamp and then find out that the TV is crap, which I'm SO hoping it's not the case *crosses fingers*.

So Please, please, PLEASE! Any help would be awesomely appreciated! Thanks everybody! And Happy Valentines Day!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HLR5667WAX/XAA Green Lines & Distorted Picture

Post by grayfox » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Hello!

Judging by the fact that a digital signal is affected, like the xbox and the menu, I would rule out the DMD and land on the Digital Video Board or Input board, Next I would try Analog VS Digital video inputs to see which of the 2 I would replace first (i.e. HDMI versus a Coaxial input)
ImageUnit Foxhound

xXRockAHolicXx
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xXRockAHolicXx » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:01 am

Hi GrayFox!!

First of all, thanks a BUNCH for the reply! Greatly appreciate it!

Actually, I had that planned too, that I should go ahead and test out the HDMI Input. I'm gonna buy a HDMI Cable tomorrow at work so I can test it out. So if the HDMI Input is ALSO affected, would that mean that the Digital Board is affected and not the Analog even though the A/V Inputs are affected? Again Thanks a lot!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:12 pm

YOU'RE WELCOME! :mrgreen:
well there's 2 parts to look at:
- one is the input board which receives all analog/digital inputs,
- and the digital video board which converts all analog signals into digital for projection on your screen!
...so if the HDMI is ALSO affected, I vote change the Input Board!
ImageUnit Foxhound

xXRockAHolicXx
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xXRockAHolicXx » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:04 am

Ahh I see. So what's the Input Board? Cause so far I know:

This is the Analog Board:

This is the Digital Board:

So a little confused about the Input Board, if you can please clarify that for me. Oh and an update, okay so I tested out the HDMI Cable and it's displays the image just super fuzzy and distorted but the MENU is still unaffected and clean. After awhile, maybe like 10mins or so the image cleans up, it's not fuzzy and only a tiny bit distorted in the middle. It stays like that for a bit then goes back to being fuzzy and distorted, and it goes back and forth. I found that strange, is it still the Input Board?

By the way I found this AMAZING deal:
https://www.discount-merchant.com/Produ ... =SKU110238

I'm thinking of just going ahead and buy that whole set and just hit two birds with one stone, watcha think?

And again thanks a lot!!! You ROCK!!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:36 pm

good morning!
you did some research! well played, and you are very welcome! I love getting big screen HDTVs up and running again :mrgreen:
Ok so larger or diferent model TVs will have separate input boards (i just wanted to clarify the difference on my first response) usually the DV board has no input and is but a bridge between the inputs and the screen displayed :shock: in this case however the DV board seems to be a part of one of the input boards in this case the board containing the analog coaxial input :x

..but to save time that module you found would save you time and money in both short and long run!!! it has everything!!! :D
ImageUnit Foxhound

SuefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

djkxrifi

Post by SuefUp » Sun May 14, 2023 8:21 pm

avana canada buy avana 200 mg avana 100 price

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”