jisdjwdw

Moderator: Angel

nicshoe18
Contributor
Contributor

HLR5667W Fabled Blinking LAMP Light

Post by nicshoe18 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Much like many other posts out there, my unit died the other day without warning. Simply, picture froze, no noise, dead. Try to power the unit on, you can see the backlight fire up, but there's no picture or sound, the LAMP light flashes for about 30 seconds then powers down. If you go to the back of the unit, you can hear the fan running and the lamp glowing bright. Obviously, I pulled the lamp to make sure it was in tact, it was, so I reseated and closed the door. I did notice a couple small pieces of glass rattling around in the lamp housing from unknown origins.

My issue is that the advice floating around out there bounces around from replacing the lamp, checking the color wheel, replacing the DMD board, replacing the digital board, and a bad power supply. I am going to start some more simple diagnostics in the next few days and am looking for any advice on what I should be looking for to pinpoint the issue. Things to check so far are lamp door switch, shattered color wheel, reset switch on the digital board, checking the DNIE chip.

Any and all help is appreciated!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HLR5667W Fabled Blinking LAMP Light

Post by grayfox » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Hello!
before you spend time on diagnostics! :P I would recommend first taking off the back shell and taking a look into the colorwheel :roll: due to the fact that those pieces of glass are most likely pieces of the colorwheel! this is VERY common in Samsung DLPs. :|
look at the guide below :mrgreen:

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/guides/samsun ... 01579a.php

hope this helps 8-)
ImageUnit Foxhound

nicshoe18
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nicshoe18 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:34 pm

This was my first instinct. I cracked that puppy open to poke around a little, but the color wheel is pretty hard to get to. Trying to get a glimpse of it without having to remove the chasis. I'll keep you updated and thanks for the suggestion.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks! it looks difficult but it is actually relatively easy, it has some sort of plastic fender covering it so there's no need to remove the complete thing... ;)
ImageUnit Foxhound

nicshoe18
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nicshoe18 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Ok, I pulled the color wheel to make sure it hadn't shattered. It is completely intact. The wheel moves freely, however it sounds like it rubs when you spin it. Should the movement be completely sound free?

Second, service manual says from here to replace the DMD board. Topics across several forums out the say to replace the digital board. Is there any other diagnostics I can do to determine if the problem is the digital or the DMD board? I can not even get the unit to enter service mode. Simply a blank screen. All points in the manual aim to replace the DMD while the web says to get the digital board re-flowed. Again all help is greatly appreciated!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 pm

I would opt for the most inexpensive way, which is to order and replace with a new colorwheel, since it should not be making a "rubbing sound" if this fails then at least your not out hundreds, this site has them www.discount-merchant.com
ImageUnit Foxhound

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

jisdjwdw

Post by AshfUp » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:29 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”