jvwkfqfh

Moderator: Angel

wcramblett

Capacitor on Lamp Ballast on HL61A650C1FXZA DLP

Post by wcramblett » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:19 pm

What would cause the Capacitor on the Lamp Ballast of my HL61A650C1FXZA 61" DLP to keep burning out on me? It has done this twice in the last 6 months after having the TV for a little over a year. Everything else works fine on this TV all the fans are working and there is no noises from the TV. Once I replace it with a ne Ballast it works fine again until the capacitor burns out again. i have read to try and use an Uninterupted Power Supply or could it be the Temp Sensor, which I have no I dea where that is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Capacitor on Lamp Ballast on HL61A650C1FXZA DLP

Post by grayfox » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:26 pm

I have no idea if a temp sensor can cause this, I do not think it can...
The power supply could be sending the wrong voltage, then again the most probable reason; maybe some components on the actual ballast are causing them to blowout. Have you tried replacing the complete ballast???
ImageUnit Foxhound

wcramblett

Post by wcramblett » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Yes it worked great for 3 months but yesterday it blew again and I knew it was the same problem that the capacitor blew on the ballast because i got the same burnt popcorn smell. I ordered another ballast to try but do you think putting on a better capacitor on the one that went out would help.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:52 pm

yes in the short run , bad in the long run, since it can allow an incorrect voltage to the lamp resulting in a shorter lifespan of the lamp, it is better to replace the whole board ;)
ImageUnit Foxhound

SuefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

jvwkfqfh

Post by SuefUp » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:08 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”