lmgbrulc

Moderator: Angel

devicemanager

HLR4667W and some weird issues - here's my story..

Post by devicemanager » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:32 am

The television is about 5 years old and about a year ago the television would turn itself off on its own periodically. I would turn it back on only to find that it turns itself off again just a few minutes later. I was told to pull the power cord and press the power button for a few seconds and then leave it unplugged over night. Sure enough that worked and the problem went away for a few months.

Well last week it started again but after doing my neat trick once again, it would not turn back on. I took the back cover off and when I power the tv on the lamp lights up, the screen appears to come on, then theres a click and the screen shuts off and the lamp goes off too. On the front the system/lamp and standby indicator start flashing and there is no way to stop it without pulling the plug.

If I attempt to turn it back on a few hours later it will do the same thing, but if I try to do it immediately after the first instance I cant get it to start up at all.

I have already purchased a bulb and to no avail it does the same thing, so I assume its not the bulb. I have searched the site and found that it could be the ballast or the color wheel.

Does anyone know how I can check these pieces and determine which part it is rather then buying a piece and crossing my fingers?

Thank you for looking...

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HLR4667W and some weird issues - here's my story..

Post by grayfox » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Hello,
Theres really no way to test the part I think is malfunctioning (ballast) since it puts out 15kV it can damage your multimeter..
They are relatively cheap if you want to buy it and try it out I am 90% sure this would fix your problem.
They run at around 60$- 70$ at
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Search ... mp+ballast
hope this helps!!
ImageUnit Foxhound

JackfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

lmgbrulc

Post by JackfUp » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:24 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”