mqeigyng

Moderator: Angel

dfarland
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLN507W Black and white picture.

Post by dfarland » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:49 am

I was watching tv today and all of the sudden I saw somewhat of a flash in the screen and the tv shut off and the three lights on the front just blinked. I pushed the power button, but no change. So I unplugged it and plugged it back in. And the blinking lights stopped. So I pushed the power button and it powered up. The picture seemed to take longer to start up and when it did it was black and white.

Does this sound like the color wheel or lamp, or something else? Any help would be appreciated.

BTW does anyone know of a good place to buy tv parts here in Denver, CO?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung HLN507W Black and white picture.

Post by grayfox » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Hello,
I think your lamp should be fine since you are getting a picture and the lamp only shines white, no colors. ;)
I would open up the TV and check to see if the colorwheel is damaged, because this sounds exactly like when one shatters, are you getting any weird sounds? :shock:

I do not know of any shops in Denver, but I do know you are better off purchasing DLP parts online like at www.discount-merchant.com colorwheels are under 90$... :mrgreen:

hope this helps!
ImageUnit Foxhound

dfarland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dfarland » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Does a lamp get dimmer as it ages? This one has been in there for a few years and it seems the tv has lost brightness?

dfarland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by dfarland » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Oh, no weird noises at all...

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Yes the image will get dimmer as the TV lamp ages, regular use consumes the mercury vapor required for the ignition of the lamp.
hhmm no noises? i still think you should run a visual inspection of the colorwheel and while you are at it, dust the interior (this fixes the issue about 30% of the time when theres no damage to the colorwheel!!! :o
ImageUnit Foxhound

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

mqeigyng

Post by AshfUp » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:28 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”