hgyhxfju

Moderator: Angel

cstock
Contributor
Contributor

green squares on OTA green screen on standard cabl

Post by cstock » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:03 pm

i have a samsung hlr5067w and all of a sudden i have green squares on OTA and green picture with interfierence on std cable chanels. i tested the ddp1101 and tthe screens were fine when i tested the DNle the white screen did not appear. i can watch through video input and a dvr without problems. any solutions? :idea:

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: green squares on OTA green screen on standard cabl

Post by ChubbsTech » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:22 pm

Hello cstock.
From what I understand only the cable channels are affected by this green squares, have you tried to hook up a dvd, blue ray or gaming consol and see if the picture is also distorted. If not it’s very probable that there is a problem with your cable providers signal or equipment. How are you getting the cable signal, is its RCA or a Coaxial signal? If you still get problems in the picture then it might have something to do with the video board (either the Digital or Analog).
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

cstock
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cstock » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:20 am

night kid,

thank's for the info. i tested the ddp1101 board and the test was fine, then i tested the DNle board and i did not get the white screen. i'm pretty sure it'd one of the boards just don't know which one. any ideas how i can exactly tell which board is bad and where to get it? i also checked the cable works fine on other tv's and i changed out the cable from the wall to the tv, with same results.

cstock
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cstock » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:08 pm

does anyone know which boards the hdmi bypasses. my tv works fine going throught the hdmi. i think i need an analog board. can anyone tell me how i can tell what part number i need for my hl-r5067w. when i went to D M there were a few different models for my set. thank's

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Post by ChubbsTech » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Hello again cstock.
The HDMI goes trough the Digital part of the video board & since the DNIE chip is ok we can discard the Digital board, so the analog board seams to be the prime suspect. If you plan on replacing it and you about to buy it search by part number, and make sure to compare it physically, the one on the websites pictures - with the one that you have. For Samsung boards look for a code that starts with a BP41-XXXXXX it think.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

cstock
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cstock » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:30 am

hey nightkid,

i don't think the DNle board is ok. when i ran through the test patterns on th DNle the white screen did not appear. when i checked the ddp1101 all the screens were there. so does this new info change anything? thank's

cstock
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cstock » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:00 pm

hello,
i just wanted to share with anyone who reads this post. i took my hlr5067 appart and wedged i piecee of wood between the metal casing and the DNle chip and put the tv back together. i turned the tv on and it works perfectly. i used a piece of wood because on other threads i read where the used a nut and bolt but they thought it didn't last due to a heat issue. anyway i will repost in time to update on if this has fixed my issues.

cstock.

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Post by Jason1976 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:15 am

ok this model is known for this issue. most common issue with this set. digital board issue. the tuner for tv channels is built into the digital board. It is an issue with the dnie chip on the digitial board. it ether needs the solder reflowed or a replacement digital board.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

you can get the solder reflowed on the dnie chip here. sorry I have been away from the forum for some time. I could of told you about the dnie chip. We talked about this issue a lot over on www.hometheatershack.com under teh forums.

JanefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

hgyhxfju

Post by JanefUp » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:36 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”