imxjkoit

Moderator: Angel

SixStringer

No Sound on HLR4667

Post by SixStringer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:48 am

Last week I had the vertical green bands when trying to watch a DVD. After perusing this forum, I unplugged and all was well. Today, however, there is no sound. Great picture, but no sound on any inputs. I installed a new color wheel about two months ago with no problems. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: No Sound on HLR4667

Post by ChubbsTech » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:37 pm

Hello SixStringer.
Its sounds like there is a problem with your video board, when you hook up an external component like a DVD player, the signal goes directly to the video board that is split in two, digital & analog, the first symptom you describe (green bands) sounds like a digital board issue, and the second one (no sound) is associated to the analog board. In order to try to narrow down the problem you’ll have to try two tests. First hook up your TV to a computer using a GVA cable or an external component that uses a HDMI connector and see if any problem emerges. If you see anything wrong then that means there something wrong with the digital board. Now try the same thing but instead hook up another device using a component cables (red, white & yellow cables or S-video), if you get any problems that it’s probable that you have a defective analog board.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

JackfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

imxjkoit

Post by JackfUp » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:06 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”