ewrpipod

Moderator: Angel

xylke

HLR4667 cold start problems..

Post by xylke » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:17 pm

So I've looked around and haven't seen this one so I'm posting it here.

My TV has trouble turning on when cold. What typically happens is the TV will turn on, may make a loud buzzing, and then shuts off activating those three lights of death (two green, one red).. So I'll turn it on again, and it'll go through a couple loops of attempting to turn on clicking on and off and then giving up again with the three lights of death. Try this with varying results of the TV turning on, or simply not, ending with the three lights of death for the next couple minutes, and then eventually the TV will stay on. And it'll keep on for the entire night and into morning when I happen to wake up and realize I've fallen asleep on the couch again.

This has been happening for a month. It used to be it'd just shut-off after the first 10 minutes, then I'd turn it on again and it'd stay on for the remainder of the evening. Then it'd shut-off twice in two 10 minute successions and remain on for the rest of the evening. Then three times in three 10 minute successions and remain on for the rest of the evening. I guess it's eventually worked it's way down to where it only turns on for 10 seconds (or not).. and then eventually after fighting with it, it'll remain on for the rest of the evening.

I'm not sure what it could be. I've replaced the lamp and ballast a year ago. There are no other problems (aside from the loud buzzing every once in a while)..

Any help will truly be appreciated. Thanks!

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: HLR4667 cold start problems..

Post by ChubbsTech » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Hello xylke.
The lamps inside these TV normally lasts 1 to 3 years depending on daily use and the brand of the lamp. How ever the buzzing noise is not related to the lamp, it’s regularly a defective color wheel, in many occasions the middle bearing gets dislocated, or is out of balance, causing the wheel to make contact with the housing making that sound.
Since the wheel is at an unusual RPM the sensor will pick up the anomaly and send a signal to the DMD board that turns off the TV for security reasons.
So basically you got two probable causes, if you plan on spending money to repair the tv my recommendation is to first try the lamp since it a part that your probably be replacing in the near future, if that doesn’t fixes the problem focus on the color wheel next.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

SuefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

ewrpipod

Post by SuefUp » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:12 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”