cejgefnh

Moderator: Angel

graphicgreen
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLM437WX/XAC new issue (replaced lamp)

Post by graphicgreen » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:46 am

So I've had a HLM437WX/XAC, which recently started to act up (IE very dark, eventually fades to weird colors, kind of like 256 color to 16 bit color. Then to black and white.. no odd griding noises.

So we replaced the bulb, after spending a while trying ot get it to work and using mute+1+8+2 options / tried most every reset, the first one was the lamp time reset, i had 17k+. Now it's 0. Swapped bulb and wow what a color difference, bright. Then once I start hearing a very very high pitch squel (normally I hear it for 2 minutes maybe during normal tv use, and few of my friends even hear it). Then it went from Full Color to black and white right away. Then died.

I've reset the lamp again, waited 2 minutes, same. Now instead of black and white it went like the image paused, and the colors cycled through the 16 bit color then died. User Reset, same deal.

So now I reset Err (I'd assume errors) and now it's been on for 10 minutes.. I'm assuming my color wheel may be at fault?

My tv was one of the first batches that came to Canada, I heard they discontinued it becuase of an issue they discovered and reissued the tvs. We had our Balists replaced, bulb, etc. Of the 3 tv's we sold mines lasted a long time. First question, how do you know the rating of your balast? (second) Has the bulb changed from 100w to 120ew? Bp96-0024J model (I read some where that they started using 120w bulbs but can't remember where)? I'm not sure if they replaced the balist in the sense it uses the 'new' bulbs which I've read the J model has... (3rd) Also if my tv dies like it has been since I've replaced the bulb, what should i try? (Note, Analogue and DVD end up with the same results...

been running for 45 minutes so far with no issue.

graphicgreen
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HLM437WX/XAC new issue (replaced lamp)

Post by graphicgreen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:55 pm

So, now the TV starts up and just shuts down again.. any ideas would be appreciated. . (Colors seem to be affected and i shuts down after about 5 minutes)

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

cejgefnh

Post by Wimlok » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:50 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”