gjnjcoxy

Moderator: Angel

jkaero
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLR5078W Stange Green Bleeding

Post by jkaero » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:43 am

Im trying to diagnose a new issue with my DLP. I am currently witnessing what look like greenish horizontal lines/bars. They are much more prevalent in dark scenes. They exist in analog and digital sources and also exist in the test patterns in the service menu. I've taken apart the TV and cleaned it. I removed the color wheel and it doesnt look damaged at all.

Let me know of your thoughts.

The green bleeding isnt just in the menu but it shows up there easily. Its on all feeds. I can post more pictures if necessary.
Attachments
IMG_3562.JPG
IMG_3562.JPG (50.5 KiB) Viewed 1947 times

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung HLR5078W Stange Green Bleeding

Post by grayfox » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Hello,
When you start getting the distortion on your screen, have you tried out if the PIP option is affected as well? The image distortion is notoriously caused by a digital video board, unless you test digital versus analog inputs and the results vary. If your set is sometimes not accepting commands like the power button, there might be something wrong with your DMD board, hopefully you can find one sold separately since most of these are sold as a unit on the complete light engine.
Now as for the colorwheel it does not need to be shattered to be defective, in this case I think it is the cheapest way to start trouble shooting your tv,

http://www.discount-merchant.com/Samsun ... -wheel.htm

hope this helps
ImageUnit Foxhound

jkaero
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jkaero » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:08 pm

This is occurring on both analog and digital sources. Signs are pointing to the DMD which means unfortunately Im probably scraping the TV. Do people think its worth it to try to color wheel?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 pm

The color wheel yes, it ranges online from 60 to 80$... now the DMD board is a little more pricey since it comes with the complete light engine but I would still say it is worth it since for those 200- 300$ you can save a HDTV that one day cost thousands...
ImageUnit Foxhound

SuefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

gjnjcoxy

Post by SuefUp » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:26 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”