yytbphfc

Moderator: Angel

kmdupe

Samsung DLP HLS5086W

Post by kmdupe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi I'm new here, I wanted to check first before I started replacing things on my TV. I have a HLS5086WX/XAA that I purchased in 2005....you can turn the TV on and things are fine for 5-10 minutes and then it shuts off...with 2 blinking lights. I wait for the lights to stop and then turn it back on...again 5-10 minutes it's fine and then shuts off, anyway you can go through that a couple times and then the tv stays on no problem. I took the lamp out and cleaned everything...put the lamp back in and the tv worked fine for a couple of days and then started the above routine all over again. The picture is fine when it works...no dimness etc....before I order a bulb or whatever I wanted to make sure that is the problem. I only ever have the 2 blinking lights, and like I said it does eventually work...is it the bulb??? ballast??? colorwheel??? HELP! lol.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung DLP HLS5086W

Post by grayfox » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Hello,
good news is since there is no image distortion you can narrow this down to a ballast or lamp, and since it has been a while im thinking theres a 90% chance this is just a lamp issue, but with another 2 or 3 lamps changes it will need a ballast change..
Hope this helps
ImageUnit Foxhound

SuefUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

yytbphfc

Post by SuefUp » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:09 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”