ykwbyfryca

Moderator: Angel

smartyj
Contributor
Contributor

DLP MODEL # HL-T6187S - NO PICTURE

Post by smartyj » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:07 pm

i HAVE A SAMSUNG 61" DLP 1080P TV AND HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING A PICTURE OR I SHOULD SAY I DONT GET A PICTURE AT ALL. i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

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: DLP MODEL # HL-T6187S - NO PICTURE

Post by grayfox » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:01 am

Hello,
Lets start by some basic questions, how long have you had the tv? when was the last time you replaced the lamp? and are there any strange noises coming from the TV?
ImageUnit Foxhound

smartyj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by smartyj » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:10 pm

I have had the tv for 4 years, never replaced the lamp and the only noise is that of the fans which turn on as soon as I press the power button. The fans will not turn off if i just press the power button I have to wait till the LED light stops blinking on the front of the TV before I am able to turn the fans off. Samsung Technicians told me if the lamp was bad (as does the manual) all three lights on the front of the tv would be blinking, not sure if that is 100% of the case every time a lamp is bad hoping maybe you would know? I appreciate the feedback!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Im sorry! Technicians from Samsung came to your house and gave you this information? :shock: or where they just certified by Samsung? :P I still think this is just a lamp issue, if you do any research online you will find only one indicator light pops up in the front when you have a lamp or a ballast issue... as long as no strange noises or image distortion is occurring!
hope this helps! ;)
ImageUnit Foxhound

smartyj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by smartyj » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:05 am

No technicians did not come out, they just told me on the phone. The only symptoms I got was that the tv was hard to power up it would take 5 + times turning off and on to get a picture, so once I had it on I stopped turning it off and it worked and looked great but I mistakenly turned it off and then could never get it to turn back on. The only thing that happens when I press power is the fans turn on and the LED light blinks several times.

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:38 am

oh ok, I would start by replacing the lamp but not rule out the ballast...
ImageUnit Foxhound

smartyj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by smartyj » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks for your input I will try that and get back with you as to wether or not that was the problem. Do you happen to know of the cheapest place I could get a lamp ? Thanks again for all your help it has been a godsend!!!!! I am kinda worried about my choice in buying a Samsung since I notice this forum clear has more posts about samsung then any other brand!!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:27 pm

oh do not worry its always a pleasure to help! :mrgreen: I <3 my 60" Samsung!!!

Well I think the reason there are more posts for Samsung is because they were a top seller! As a marketing major I figure: the more TVs in the field the larger the margin of error ;)

But I digress, your TV uses LED lighting... I would suggest a Google search? It is really odd for these to go out...
ImageUnit Foxhound

smartyj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by smartyj » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Well i cleaned up any dust inside the components ans put all the covers back on then pluged the tv back in and turned it off and on a few times and low and behold the tv turned back on with a picture. I am still concerned because the fans are make pretty loud noise at least the same type of noise a pc makes and i dont remember if that was the case before i had these problems. Does that lead you to anything in particular? none of the light on the front of the tv are on?

smartyj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by smartyj » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:43 pm

i am also afraid to turn the tv off, i fear i wont get it to turn back on!!!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by grayfox » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:29 pm

lol :D
I think my post got deleted because of links let me try again :x , but I was mentioning maybe a Fan or the Thermostat malfunctioning, this can get your TV to shut down or not fire up! :shock:
take a look below! ;)

http://www.discount-merchant.com/SAMSUN ... 208302.htm
ImageUnit Foxhound

AlanfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

ykwbyfryca

Post by AlanfUp » Fri May 12, 2023 2:16 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”