tceivvmr

Moderator: Angel

esamgo2

Samsung DLP HLP5663WX/XAA Problem

Post by esamgo2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:17 pm

I have a Samsung DLP HLP5663WX/XAA
This DLP TV has a beautiful picture when it works properly. At first the picture would get distorted and ghosting would appear, the color was wrong etc. I never heard any buzzing but all indications was the color wheel was failing. I purchased a new color wheel from Samsung's Parts Store. I replaced the color wheel , vacuumed some dust out from the back of the set. When I turned the unit on, the picture had a blue tint. I remembered reading about the possibility of this occuring and pulled the jumper . After powering the unit, the picture was beautiful like new....for about 7 minutes when the lights on the front panel indicated a lamp failure. I happened to have had a new ballast on hand so I replaced the ballast. This didnt solve the problem of the unit . I purchased a new Phillips lamp from Discount Merchant, installed thge new lamp and re-set the lamp hours from the service menu. Now I have intermittant picture issues. At times the picture will have hot spots. At times the unit will not power up after the automatic 3 attempts. I'll have to unplug the unit for a few hours. Other times I can watch the set for several hours (12 hours or more) without incident. Also, the remote control, whichs has indicator lights always displays a red light when in TV mode (which indicatesthe TV has a problem)and a green light in any other mode (whick indicates everything is OK). The remote intermittantly will operate the TV. Your thoughts?

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: Samsung DLP HLP5663WX/XAA Problem

Post by grayfox » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Hello!
It sounds like you replaced every consumable part in your TV already! :shock:
given the symptoms you describe, the lack of response to commands, spots on the screen and the random operating times, I'm going to have to suggest it is time to change the DMD (motherboard) on your TV :|
if you do a little more research you will find that these are common symptoms when a DMD board goes bad.
hope this helps!
ImageUnit Foxhound

AshfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

tceivvmr

Post by AshfUp » Sat May 20, 2023 1:31 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”