mupvraco

Moderator: Angel

Jannie

Picture, sound gone; loud humming . . .

Post by Jannie » Fri May 01, 2009 7:26 pm

I have an HL-P5063W which while watching yesterday made a small pop sound and then picture was flashing black and white. Turned it off with remote for several minutes. When turned it on with remote, no picture, only sound; but also low humming noise. Then an even louder humming noise started, remote would not work but set turned itself on and off several times before we unplugged the electric cord. Several hours later (and again today) tried with same results except now there is no picture nor sound. "Lamp" indicator is flashing as well as a message "Standby/Temp" in silver button just before it turns itself off. Are we looking at more than just the lamp and if so, is it worth repairing?
Thanks!

Kelly
Self-Proclaimed Guru
Self-Proclaimed Guru

Re: Picture, sound gone; loud humming . . .

Post by Kelly » Mon May 04, 2009 4:56 pm

Jannie,

I believe it's your color wheel. Your color wheel sits in bearings and spins around very quickly and give your TV picture it's color. Since you are hearing a humming noise most likely it has broken and come off it's bearings. I would say it's worth buying the color wheel and replacing it. Not too expensive at all. You should open up your TV and check it out because you need to find out if you have a gold or silver color wheel. I know Discount merchant sells the gold one. Get back to me with any other questions.

rbsmith6
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rbsmith6 » Mon May 04, 2009 5:22 pm

If you get the silver one P/N BP96-00674A it's the newer version and should last longer. I got mine from Partstore.com @ $139.
You will have to pull the jumper for correct color - ask me how I know. See the step after #17 here - http://www.jangro.com/electronics/samsu ... lor-wheel/

rbsmith6
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rbsmith6 » Mon May 04, 2009 5:29 pm

DenfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

mupvraco

Post by DenfUp » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:03 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”