itxnkkao

Moderator: Angel

HomeBrewJeff

HLR4266WX/XAA Splotchy / Discoloration / dots

Post by HomeBrewJeff » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Ok, tough thing to describe using words that would make sense, but TV is approx 6 years old. Turned it on today and noticed a static / ghosting effect of the image. I guess a good way to describe it is that the pixels that "should" be showing up as different colors are all purple. I've attached a picture of the upper right hand corner of the set, but the dots go all the way across the screen in the upper half of the tv (so far). I've tried different inputs and the same thing, when I display the TV menu the dots appear over the menu as well.
dlp.jpg
dlp.jpg (24.45 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
I've seen similar discussions, and it seems it's either the DMD board or the "Light engine". I'm not able to find any part number for a "light engine". Is this the same as the color wheel? Any recommendations on where to find parts would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

grayfox
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Re: HLR4266WX/XAA Splotchy / Discoloration / dots

Post by grayfox » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:23 pm

hello!
You seem to be on the right track, the DMD board is actually sold as part of the light engine which is basically the complete projection assembly, it does not necessarily contain the color wheel but some sites sell it bundled... The color wheel is only a component if the engine so it is going to have a different part number. should look something like the pictures in the link below,
http://photos.discount-merchant.com/pho ... id=1162034
hope this helps :mrgreen:
ImageUnit Foxhound

JackfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

itxnkkao

Post by JackfUp » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:07 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”