ybxdfqrx

Moderator: Angel

angelprincess4119
Contributor
Contributor

At my wits end with this Samsung HL-S4266W

Post by angelprincess4119 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Ok here we go, I have read every post on this board and am hoping someone can help me personally.

I went on vacation last week and unplugged my Tv, got home 7 days later and plugged everything back in. Turned on the tv and everything was normal for about 1 min (could change channels, normal picture and sound). or so. Than the picture flickered and the lamp went dead in it making the screen black, 2 secs later sound went out in it. All three lights came on in the front. They blinked for a little bit and then the tv tried to start up again, but this time I didn't get anything(no picture no sound, lamp didn't turn on) just it trying to start. You could hear it click on but nothing happened.

There is a fairly new lamp in it, it's about 6 months old but it is a cheapy from the internet not oem. Talked to Samsung and they said it needed a new lamp, talked to a repair guy over the phone and he said it sounded like it needed a new power supply board.... I am at my wits end with this. :( I like many others now a days am on a fixed budget and can not afford to play the parts game. Is there anyone out there that could help me out. PLEASE!! All my local repair guys which are few and far between can not take on anymore tv repairs at this time, how convenient huh.
Anyhow any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: At my wits end with this Samsung HL-S4266W

Post by Angel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi angelprincess.

The problem you have is most probably the lamp, however there is a small probability is the ballast. However you have nothing to lose with trying the lamp first, as you know the lamp has a life span, so sooner or later you'll need to replace it. If you try a new bulb and this doesn't solve your issue then the problem would most probably be your ballast (since all you hear is a clicking noise, no winding, spinning or buzzing) and you'd have a lamp spare for the future.

Hope this helps.
The best "Do It Yourself" site for all types of Displays!

angelprincess4119
Contributor
Contributor

Post by angelprincess4119 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:04 pm

Thank you for the response! I am going to buy a phillip's oem this week-end and give it a go. I sure hope that this works. Watching tv on my daughter's 13" is driving us insane not to mention giving us all a headache. LOL. :lol:

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Angel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Ok, I hope the new bulb solves your issue ;)

angelprincess4119
Contributor
Contributor

Post by angelprincess4119 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:26 pm

If not, I will be back. LOL

Angel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Angel » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:28 pm

And I'll be waiting for you... LOL :lol:

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

ybxdfqrx

Post by Wimlok » Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:18 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”