vulvrqtv

Moderator: Angel

musowl
Contributor
Contributor

Power Supply

Post by musowl » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:25 pm

My TV cuts off after about 20 minutes of use (all 3 lights blink). I can turn it right back on, but then it only lasts for another minute or two. After letting it sit for a while, it will turn back on for another 20 minutes or so. This makes me think there is a heat-related issue. There are no weird noises, and the picture is perfect quality as long as the TV stays on.

I have replaced the temperature sensor, lamp, and ballast... all to no avail. Any other suggestions? I talked to a TV repair tech, and he said it may be the color wheel or power supply. Is this right? Which one should I try first? I tried to look up the part number for my power supply, but I couldn't find it. How can I tell which part is the power supply if that is the culprit?

My TV is Samsung HLS4266W (42" DLP).

Thanks!

paulzipp
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Power Supply

Post by paulzipp » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:43 am

The problem I recently encounter sounds very familiar to yours. I have the HL-S4666W so a similar model too. I've replaced everything lamp, ballast, and color wheel. All of which do absolutely nothing for me. I've started to get a really high pitch whining, comes from somewhere near the color wheel but obviously it's not the color wheel. I've bypassed the temp sensor above the lamp to see if that was it, but no luck there either. Seems to be temp related because as you said if i let it sit for a day it will fire up for 10-20 minutes. I get good output from my power supply and haven't seen it vary at all so i'm guessing it's not the power supply.

dekerivers
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Power Supply

Post by dekerivers » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Hello: would you mind telling me where the temperature sensor is? My HLR4667 picture cuts off frequently, but seems to run much longer when I have the back off with big fan directly on it.

JackfUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

vulvrqtv

Post by JackfUp » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”