rsxdyfgv

Moderator: Angel

DFRICK
Contributor
Contributor

Help on flashing red stand by temp light

Post by DFRICK » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:54 am

I have HL-R 5667W built 06. The red Stand By / Temp light flashes every 35 seconds when the TV should be in stand by mode. If the TV is unplugged for 48 hrs the set will work perfectly for about 2 hours then shut down. Lamp and fans work properly and the projection temp sensor was changed today. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Dave

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Help on flashing red stand by temp light

Post by ChubbsTech » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Hello DFRICK.
Let try to first narrow down the problem, and see if it’s a quick fix or something else. First question. How long ago did you buy your tv? Have you ever replaced the lamp? If so, how long ago? Do you hear any strange noises coming from the inside of the tv?
Have you cleaned the inside of the tv in the last six moths? Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

DFRICK
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DFRICK » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Hello DFRICK.
Let try to first narrow down the problem, and see if it’s a quick fix or something else. First question. How long ago did you buy your tv? Have you ever replaced the lamp? If so, how long ago? Do you hear any strange noises coming from the inside of the tv?
Have you cleaned the inside of the tv in the last six moths? Keep me posted on any new developments.
Good luck.

Thanks Nightkid, About 3 1/2 years ago. Replaced the lamp 6 months ago and did the reset. Zero on the strange noises. Cleaned the TV a week ago. It seems to be a heat issue but where??? Thanks, Dave

Jason1976
TV Repair Ninja
TV Repair Ninja

Post by Jason1976 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:07 pm

It's the digital board. I have seen this issue with these tv's please check out http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/samsung/ and look at the topic of hlr6167w. same tv but larger size.

It ether needs a new digital board or the dnie chip needs reflowed.

UgofUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

rsxdyfgv

Post by UgofUp » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:30 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”