hkdxjemr

Moderator: Angel

mitchaa
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung half picture

Post by mitchaa » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 pm

I have a Samsung HLS4266WX/AA that was shutting off and making a humming noise. I replaced the color wheel. That fixed the problem for one night. The next day after installing the color wheel and watching tv for 3 hours, I am getting a half picture and it is very fuzzy. What could be wrong?

ChubbsTech
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

Re: Samsung half picture

Post by ChubbsTech » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Hello mitchaa.
My first recommendation is that you open your TV again and inspect the color wheel physically, there might be something partially blocking the color wheels light path, did you remove any plastic protectors when you took it out of its packaging? Also very carefully, try spinning it manually, see if there is any screeching or anything out of the ordinary.
Here is a link to one of my early posts that might help a little more.
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/forum/viewtop ... =10&t=1254
Despite the color wheel marked as the no. 1 suspect the symptom that you are describing is actually from the DMD board. But check the color wheel first before buying anything else.
Good luck.
Remember Knowing Is Half The Battle !

mitchaa
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung half picture

Post by mitchaa » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks for your help. I took my collor wheel back out and inspected it. It was okay, but the gasket had moved and was blocking the lamp. I put it back and it was working fine.

KiafUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

hkdxjemr

Post by KiafUp » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:03 pm

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”