qpsimjgn

Moderator: Angel

hypocrisyB
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung HLS5087W Strobing (I can't figure it out)

Post by hypocrisyB » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:24 pm

I have a Samsung HLS5087W DLP Projection TV. I recently had a problem with the whole screen flickering (strobing) after it has been on for a while. Originally the problem was the entire screen. I replaced the bulb initially and the problem went a way for a while but came back just on the right half the of screen. Then, I replaced the ballast and the problem is still there after the TV is on for a while. All the fans are working properly.

The weird thing is the TV is otherwise fine. No noises from the color wheel and the picture quality is perfect until the strobing occurs. I'd appreciate any insight as I cannot find an answer anywhere online.

MaddieBrad
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Samsung HLS5087W Strobing (I can't figure it out)

Post by MaddieBrad » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:18 pm

hypocrisyB wrote:I have a Samsung HLS5087W DLP Projection TV. I recently had a problem with the whole screen flickering (strobing) after it has been on for a while. Originally the problem was the entire screen. I replaced the bulb initially and the problem went a way for a while but came back just on the right half the of screen. Then, I replaced the ballast and the problem is still there after the TV is on for a while. All the fans are working properly.

The weird thing is the TV is otherwise fine. No noises from the color wheel and the picture quality is perfect until the strobing occurs. I'd appreciate any insight as I cannot find an answer anywhere online.

Did you end up finding out what caused this problem? I am having a similar issue with a HLP4663HLP. Screen Flickers mostly on bright images (Although it might just be most noticeable on bright images!) I have replaced the lamp, and color wheel.

Regards,
Brad

Wimlok
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

qpsimjgn

Post by Wimlok » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:40 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”