sppjjmyq

Moderator: Angel

jericurl

samsung dlp turns off randomly (video inside)

Post by jericurl » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqBRudmGp1M

TV shuts off.
Long story short,
I Turn the tv on to some weird chime sound, seven 'lamp' blinks later the screen comes on. Once on the tv will turn off after 15-60 seconds with a different chime sound, leaving the 'timer/lamp/by stand' lights blinking. TV will always turn back on but will not stay on for longer then 1-2 mins. This problem has only become more and more frequent, starting out as a random chance happening to now when it will not even function.

-I have replaced the color wheel.

-I have tied the lamp access panel switch in the down position.

-I have tried to hard reset the unit by unpluging it for a few mins all the way to days.

-I have open the service menu by pressing (mute, 1, 8, 2, power) in quick sucession and reset lamp hours.

-I have done user reset inside service menu which is where the weird chime started up.

-I have reseated the lamp bulb.

None of these helped solve why the tv is turning off, seems like if the bulb was finished it would not power on at all. This is holding me back from replacing the bulb because I feel this issue is separate from the bulb. Any experienced users of this tv I would greatly appreciate your help.

Personally I feel like the tv is turning off because a sensor is triggering it to shut down.

Samsung 46'' 720p DLP television
Manufactured September 2004
model # HL-P4663W
SVC # HLP4663WX/XAA

soulscapex
Contributor
Contributor

Re: samsung dlp turns off randomly (video inside)

Post by soulscapex » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:06 pm

i am having the same problem with a hlp5063w 51inch...

i have picture and sound only for 1 to 2 mins. then it will shut down i have tried the door switch also.

i can see the bulb fire so im in the same boat as u ..dont want to order it because i feel thats not it.

KiafUp
TV Wizard
TV Wizard

sppjjmyq

Post by KiafUp » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:51 am

Return to “Akai DLP Discussion”